I love playing with orchestras, and in the last 10 years I’ve been very honoured to have many wonderful opportunities, culminating in 2006 with a Drum Concerto being composed especially for me by Japan’s Toshiyuki Watanabe. Essay for Drumkit and Small Orchestra is available on CD.
With the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra
- Soloist in the Metropolis Series 2006, playing Concerto for Saxophone and Drumkit (Psathas)
- Playing live soundtrack for the original film The Wizard of Oz 2007 (pictured right)
- Harlem concert Series 2003
- Dame Kiri Te Kanawa pops concert 2004
- Sinatra, Nat King Cole and Early Broadway music with John Wilson (UK) conducting 2007
- and many other pops concerts with MSO
With the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra
Sinatra, Nat King Cole and Early Broadway music with John Wilson (UK) conducting 2007
With the Sydney Symphony Orchestra
- concerto for James Morrison with Jazz Trio by Alan Zavod 2004
- and many other pops concerts
With the Orchestra Ensemble Kanazawa
I’ve been working with OEK since 1994, travelling pretty well every year to Japan. I’ve played with many famous Japanese singers and soloists.
- Concerto for violin (Jean Pierre Wallez) and drums by Jacques Loussier
- I’ve also presented several concerts featuring my drum ensemble DJ’s Drum and also a number of solo drum concerts.
See some photos in the gallery.